Sunday, September 24, 2017

Shiloh 1st Draft...Chapter Three "Big John"


Big John

“Well Sam, what good are you if you can’t even watch a woman?”
“Big John, let me explain, that fellow Michael get the drop on me”
“And how did he do that if you were just watching the cabin?”
“Well” Sam kicked the dirt around that laid at his feet
“I’ll tell you how, you stupid shit you went down there didn’t you?”
“Well, I needed coffee and she was cooking and”
“And you thought you’d be able to bed her down” Big John replied
“Well” Sam stuttered
Big John back handed Sam across the mouth, he staggered backwards finally tripping over his own feet and landed on his back.
Big John glared at him “You say well one more time I’ll kill you”
Struggling to his feet Sam said, “I’m sorry Big John, Let me go back up there and I’ll do it right this time”
“She knows your face idiot, I have better plans for you”
“Anything Big John”
Sam would of said anything to get away from Big John at the moment.
“Sam go to Horse Shoe Bend and find that boy’s wife..”
“I don’t know her name Big John” Sam said
“Ask around idiot, the boy’s name was Ben”
“Ok Big John and then what?”
“Kill her”
“Now hit the trail before I change my mind and put a bullet in you”
Sam dusted off his pants with his hat as turned and headed for his horse.
“That dumb shit just about blew our plans” Frank said
“Thats why I sent him to Horse Shoe Bend, that should keep him busy and eliminate that problem” Big John said
“But we know that the boy had the Deed, so worry about the widow” Frank smiled
“Just in case, the boy found a way or person to take it to her”
Frank sat there for a minute, looking or at Big John “you don’t think that farmer might have it?”
Big John lifted his whiskey glass and downed the last of it…
“Bartender bring a bottle of your best Whiskey”
The bartender nodded at him and went into the back room.
Big John let the question Frank asked, hang in the air like dust from a dust storm.
A cute waitress brought a bottle of whiskey to their table, Big John smiled at her and patted her on the backside, turning she winked at him as she strolled back to the bar.
“Big John?”
“Well the boy was found at the farmers place, so who else could he of passed it too?” Big John replied
Frank thought for a moment “Dammit your right Big John, so what is the plan?”
“We watch him and if he makes a move we kill him”
Frank looked a little uneasy “Big John what do you think pa’s going to say to everything thats been done so far”
“Look Frank, he told us to do what needed being done to get that Deed back”
“But burning out that Farmer, killing that boy and maybe killing his wife and the farmer?”
“Just as long as we tie up loose ends Frank”
Frank smiled, “Tie up loose ends, I like that”
“I’ve got Smitty and Jake keeping an eye on the Cabin where the Farmer and his whore are at, with instructions to kill the farmer if he rides for Horse Shoe Bend and take back the Deed because I’m sure he has it”
“It is starting to sound like it Big John” Frank said.
“Now what are we going to do?” Frank asked
“Well I figured we’d have a little fun tonight”  Big john said as he motioned the waitress over…
Big John coached her onto his lap and started kissing her as Frank looked on.
“Well you just going to sit there and watch me or you going to find yourself some company too?”  Big John said
The piano man was getting into the full swing as the night wore on and Frank was getting into the mood for fun…
To much sitting and waiting was getting to him, he wanted to get back to Idaho city.
“Yea I’ll find something to do” he said as he got up.
“Frank get to bed early, I want to head up to that Cabin in the morning to have a little talk with the farmer”
“Yea, yea no problem” Frank said
“Frank,”
“Yea”
Big John gave him a hard look, “I mean it, we don’t need anybody looking into our business because you drew more attention to us”
“No problem, Brother”
Big John watched him push through the swinging doors, “Yea I bet your listening little brother”
The waitress pulled Big Johns face around “Hey mister you going to give a girl a good time?  Or maybe your brother would?”
Big John laughed at that, “I;m sure you wouldn’t like my little brothers idea of a good time”

No comments:

Post a Comment